One World One Heart – Magic Carpet Ride
Welcome to Foxy G. Knits Den of i-KNiT-quity, located in Atlanta, GA, Stop #113 on your Magic Carpet Ride. You will have an opportunity to enter a giveaway in just a few minutes, but first, let me give you a quick tour of Atlanta:
Atlanta is the home of Coca-Cola. Coke is all they drink here, so don’t ask for any other soft drink unless it’s made by Coca-Cola. Even if you want something other than a Coca-Cola, it’s still called Coke.
- Our 8 AM rush hour runs from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m., and our 5 PM rush hour runs from 3:00 to 7:30 p.m. Friday’s rush hour begins on Thursday afternoon and lasts through 2 a.m. on Saturday.
- “Fixinto” is one word: I’m fixinto go to the store.
- Sweet Tea is appropriate for all meals, and you begin drinking it when you’re two years old.
- “Jeet?” is actually a phrase meaning “Did you eat?”
- No need to buy a ladder or mattress in Atlanta. Just go to one of the Interstates, and you will soon find one in the middle of the road.
- The falling of one raindrop causes all drivers to immediately forget all traffic rules. If a single snowflake falls, the city is paralyzed for three days, and it’s on all the channels as a news flash every 15 minutes for a week. Overnight, all grocery stores will be sold out of milk, bread, bottled water, toilet paper and beer.
- If you have ever had the pleasure of having to change planes here in Atlanta, then you know that the gates at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport are about 32 miles away from the main concourse. So wear sneakers, and pack a lunch.
Well, thanks for taking a little tour of our fair city. Now for the giveaway…I want to be sure that you are warm enough, as well as stunning, on the rest of your magic carpet ride, so please feel free to enter to win this Luscious Lavender Wide Ruffle Scarf. It was hand crocheted with love by my 90 ½ year old mammalicious.
This Magic Carpet Ride has become dizzifying. (And if that’s not in your Funk & Wagnell, I just made it up!) There has been such a wonderful response, that I am adding a second giveaway – another large ruffle scarf hand crocheted by mamalicious. This one is red and purple:
I’m back – with yet another scarf to add to the giveaway. This should greatly increase your odds of winning!
To be eligible, you need only to leave a comment below. I’d love for you to leave your blog url so that others can visit your site. If you would like to leave your facebook biz page url or twitter tag, I would be happy to fan you and/or follow you.
This giveaway will begin January 25, 2009 and end on February 14, 2009 at 11:59 pm EST. The winners will be announced on February 15, 2009. Random.org will be used to pick the winners, and they will have 72 hours to get back to me.
This giveaway is open worldwide, so good luck – and enjoy the rest of your trip!